Principles of technology
The Membrane Bio-Reactor technology of powdered activated carbon is also known as CUF technology.
This technology, combining the adsorption technology of powdered activated carbon and the ultrafiltration membrane technology of carbon and water separation, adds powdered activated carbon into ultrafiltration membrane pool and maintains the carbon slurry with high concentration in membrane pool to achieve rapid absorption of contaminants in wastewater.
The immersed ultrafiltration membrane device is set in membrane pool to intercept the powdered activated carbon in mixed liquor and suspended solids with the grain diameter larger than 30nm. The water will be drained from the membrane filament after absorption and interception.
This technology has a strong capacity to remove COD, TN and SS in wastewater, meanwhile, it reduces the chroma of effluent water obviously.
Features of technology
1. This technology can purify the wastewater into IV-grade and III-grade surface water;
2. The activated carbon with high concentration has high adsorption rate, high removal rate and good decolorization effect with regard to degradation-resistant organic matters;
3. The powdered activated carbon in membrane pool, with the characteristics of biochar, can further reduce the ammonia nitrogen and total nitrogen;
4. This technology has a strong capacity to remove contaminants in wastewater and achieves stable effluent quality;
5. With low carbon dosage, high membrane pollution and high membrane flux, the operating cost can be saved;
6. The floor space is small, the investment is low, the degree of automation is high and the operation management is simple.
The CUF technology is used widely, including but not limited to: upgrading and reconstruction of wastewater treatment plants, emergency treatment of wastewater, treatment of textile dyeing and finishing wastewater and water ecological restoration, etc.
The CUF technology is used widely with a variety of process combinations.It can be used independently as advanced treatment technology, or jointly used with other kinds of sedimentation technologies.
1. The combination of high-efficiency flocculent sedimentation pool and CUF is usually adopted if the concentration of suspended solids in wastewater is too high and SS is 300mg/L or above.
2. As for projects with low carbon dosage, the reverse-flow and biochemical system to absorb saturated powdered activated carbon in CUF system can make the original biochemical system operate according to PACT process to improve the sludge settle-ability, reduce the foaming phenomenon in aeration tank, strengthen the removal rate of inorganic matters and enhance the overall removal efficiency of system.
3. As for projects with high carbon dosage, the treatment efficiency of contaminants can be strengthened and the operating cost of system can be reduced greatly by increasing the carbon dosage of CUF system and combining the recycling process of activated carbon.